Catching UP (part 1)...
I have been a terrible blogger so I thought I would do a little catching up. A few months ago (the end of May) big bro. graduated from kindergarten. He loved his kindergarten teacher and was sad the school year was over. When I picked him up from school on the last day he was so grumpy, I asked him what was wrong and he wouldn't tell me...he just buried his face and started to cry. Later he told me he was sad because he wouldn't see his teacher again. I thought it was so sweet...
A few days before the school year ended he had his dance festival. The kindergarten classes did a Charleston dance and I have to say it was the cutest dance ever. He did such a good job and he was so proud of himself...



Next up, big bro's birthday...he had been looking forward to this day for weeks. Since we lived out of state the past three years he decided to have a family birthday party with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. He had so much fun. All the cousins played all night long. They played a game of baseball, a game of soccer, they threw water balloons at each other and ended the party with a pinata... I think big bro's favorite part was opening presents. He was very excited about this one...(I think his dad was equally as excited)
he was so happy to get guitar hero...When he opened it his cousins (who are a few years older than him) couldn't believe he got it...I then hear them say "that's rated T for teen" and then they turn to me and say "your going to let him play that"...whoops...I didn't realize guitar hero had a rating...There are a few songs he is not aloud to play like "talk dirty to me" but the others are classics like "slow ride" and "hit me with your best shot...I have to admit that playing this game is so much fun. We have had lots of fun family times learning to play the guitar.
spiderman pinata...his only request for his party

grandma L gave him a slip-n-slide for his birthday and the kids have had so much fun with it...they have spent many, many hot summer days on the slip-n-slide...


that's all for now, more catching up to come...
6 comments:
Happy birthday big bro! He looks so cute in that little charleston outfit. My kids love guitar hero too, I didn't know it had a rating either...
Its about time... j/k
Cute little boy. Time goes too quickly and kids just grow up too fast.
His little charleston pics are so cute. Looks like he had a great birthday that slip and slide looks FUN FUN FUN!!! I love the 3 lanes & the bright colors L's picture is adorable.
I love Trace, that is so sweet about his kindergarten teacher, he must have really been in love with her! Has he started school yet? I heard some kids started this week, and I remember you saying he started pretty soon.
Cute charleston outfit too. Sad we missed his B-day party, looked like tons of fun!!
How fun! That looks like a lot of fun on the slip 'n slide. Oh to be a kid again. I hope you got my text last week. Luke had croupe last week (who gets croupe in the summer???) but he's all better now so you guys need to come swimming!!
Post a Comment