Monday, March 10, 2008

BEAR CUB...
Last weekend we visited the local sporting goods store where they had 6 bears cubs they were showing. When we got there the line to see the bears cubs was out the front door but we decided to wait in line because you never know when your kids will have the opportunity to hold a bear cub again. After about 1.5 hour wait we finally made it to the front of the line. Although we did our best to entertain the kids they were a mess by the time it was our turn to see the cubs. Big bro. was in tears because we wouldn't buy him a batman fishing pole that he saw and little sis was upset because she wanted a pair of dora CROCS and a barbie fishing pole. It was amazing how all tantrums stopped when the little bear cub was placed in big bro's arms and frowns were turned into smiles. I guess the long wait was worth it.

Later that night our phone rang at 10:30 P.M. It was my mom, with an excited voice, saying that she just saw the kids on the local news station holding the bear cub. I saw the news cameras filming kids as we were waiting in line but I didn't notice them filming when my kids were holding the bear cub. I was so mad I was not watching the news at the time. I tried finding a video clip on the news stations website but no luck. So yes, I guess the long wait was worth it in the end.


2 comments:

SKH said...

You have the most beautiful children! I can't wait to see the next one. You are right, this may be the one chance your kids get to hold a bear cub, what a fun experience!

Cami said...

Hi TeNeale! I found you blog through Kate's! Love your photos!! How fun to see baby bears--I'm soo impressed you stuck it out with cranky kids. (I know that situation too well:) Glad at least your mom got to see them on the news!